December 5, 2010

Enjoying The Great Outdoors

I started my month of outdoor adventures with a Chanukah weenie roast celebration. My guests (15 or so of my nearest and dearest) enjoyed the hickory fire and the skewers full of kosher hotdogs and kosher marshmallows. What a yummy way to enjoy the outdoors.

I managed to start the fire with no trouble and it was blazing gloriously when my first guests arrived.  I was proud of my party planning abilities and had chips, drinks, and buns out in metal tubs that went with the outdoor vibe. One of my guests called to ask if I needed anything else and I asked him to grab a second bag of firewood. Good thing I did. I had a fire burning for a full seven hours.

I was particularly pleased at how many people were as excited to be out of doors as I. My friends came over to my house bundled in jackets and sweatshirts to protect against the 45 degree chill in the air.  We sat as close to the fire as possible in a random collection of camp chairs and lawn furniture.

I am so happy the my friends came to join me and help me to celebrate Chanukah. We ended the night with hot chocolate with a splash of peppermint schnapps which was truly the perfect end to a wonderful evening outside.

1 comment:

  1. Yes, it was a very fun evening. We were sorry to have to leave before the cocoa & booze, however, picking up my sonny-boy from the airport was quite a thrill! Thanks Heather : )

    ReplyDelete