December 27, 2010

The Month Is Not Over Yet and What To Do About Next Month?

The Great Outdoors Month is not over yet. This Friday I will be going horseback riding for the first time. I am very excited. I have set it all up with Wandering Trails (www.wanderingtrails.com) a local horse barn in my area. I am going for a one hour trail ride!

 Next month I am hoping to focus on cycling. I have already chosen the bike I would like to purchase. (see above) It is a Schwinn and it is called the Clear Creek Comfort Bike. I won't know until Friday if January will be biking month because I am still waiting to see if the tutoring hours I turned in today will be added to my end of the month paycheck. It is so difficult not knowing but I have big plans. Bike's happen to be pricey if quality is important. Honestly, the bike I truly want is $450.00 but this one for half of that will have to do.

I want to ride my bike for pleasure and cardiovascular health. The local library is just 2 miles away and a trip to the library is always fun. It would be quite refreshing to ride there and back rather than drive the small distance. Also, the local park is the same distance and riding to the park for an afternoon of reading sounds really pleasurable. I will definitely need a basket!

When I was younger I was riding 25-40 miles a week depending on what was going on in my schedule. You see, my family did not have a car and I was biking everywhere (stores, friend's homes, to run errands, etc.) I do not know if I will get to that level again especially with my busy schedule but a few miles after work around the neighborhood sounds ideal.

Wish me luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment