November 30, 2010

End of November Wrap Up and December's Project


 November Observations: I thought that alternative giving month would give me so many opportunities to give and in some ways it has. I have given food, money, donations that were known and unknown, large and small donations at each turn but I have also learned that I am already a giver.
What one earth do I mean? Only 5 or 6 times this month did I give specifically because it was alternative giving month. The other 20-25 times I gave were the same as I normally would. I am still happy that I did it. I am also excited for December.

December's theme is "The Great Outdoors" 



I happened to have grown up in a beautiful town (see above). It is well-known for fishing, surfing, and the outdoors and I did not take much advantage as a child outside of normal play. If it were not for Girl Scouts, I would not have gone camping as much,  nor would I be so comfortable out of doors. 


For the month of December I have decided to go outdoors more. Generally, Florida is very hot but at this time of year the outdoors can be enjoyed in relative comfort. I have planned a bonfire and weenie roast for the weekend to jump stat my great outdoors month. I also have a camping trip set for mid-month followed by horse back riding at the end of the month. Though these activities are set and I am very excited. I will try to find opportunities to be outdoors more often. 

There is nothing like the sun shining on your face.

No comments:

Post a Comment