December 19, 2010

Camping in the Cold and Wet Outdoors


I just arrived home after camping at Disney's Fort Wilderness in Orlando, Florida. I am not sure how much "camping" went on because the place is so clean it is practically impossible to get dirty. The bathrooms are heated and have multiple showers, stalls, and sinks. Truth be told, the bathrooms were a LOT nicer than mine at home. That is Disney for you.

I arrived at the campsite just before dark and quickly pulled out my tent and set it up lickity-split just as the sun was setting. I spent a bit of time organizing my bedding and clothing. I then went out to meet the other campers.

The weather as cold and wet but so it goes when Mother Nature is involved. A few people packed up and left early due to the rain. The low in Orlando was 44 degrees overnight. I was so cold I couldn't stop shaking and the teeth chattering was keeping everyone awake. One of the other campers loaned me a sleeping bag good for 40 degree weather and it really helped. I was also able to use a smaller felt blanket for my pillows which kept them much warmer. I enjoyed my outing despite the weather.

1 comment:

  1. This was a good learning experience 4 U. When relying on Mother Nature, pack for every possibilty...When you can't fit another item in your car, you're done!

    ReplyDelete