December 22, 2010

More Out Of Doors

I went to the Environmental Learning Center (http://www.discoverelc.org/) in Vero Beach, Florida this week. I have always wanted to visit and despite living in the same county as the ELC, I never did make it until now. I have always been intrigued with the idea of Sea Camp which now as in Yester-years costs almost $500.00 for a week during the summer. That opportunity is long gone but I did get to experience the rest of the center.
I called the ELC  after talking to a friend and discovering that she was watching 5-6 kids that day and as it turn out, we got a great deal as the ELC is free until January 1st. I was able to walk the nature trails and boardwalk looking for the white ibis though the 5 children certainly scared away any and all wildlife in a 5 miles radius. It was still beautiful.

After the ELC, I decided to give my friend a great birthday present and took all five of the kids to the park down the street from my parent's house. I only had the kiddos for forty-five minutes but we went on the swings, played on the slides, and climbed a tree. I had a blast! Play should be something I do more of.

No comments:

Post a Comment