December 11, 2010

Soaking Up The Sun

  
I am trying to enjoy the outdoors this month and today was one of the first days I was able to relax. Work has been incredibly busy with exams coming up and the football state championship game looming. Now that reviews are over and the season for football has ended I can breathe.

I slept in this morning and then took my current book selection to the park for a day of sunshine.
How strange is it that Florida' weather is so temperamental? Two days ago the weather was 31 degrees overnight and in the low 60s during the day. Today is full of sun and the temperature is a lovely 77 degrees. I laid out my blanket and began reading and ended up so absorbed in my book that I didn't notice that two young boys (a neighbor's children) with water guns were sneaking up on me. After a minor water battle and foot chase, the water guns were mine and the boys were in a fountain. I wish the park had been busier but it was pretty quiet. Head outdoors people and see what you can do this month.

No comments:

Post a Comment