September 4, 2010

At Last And Onward

I took quite a bit of effort on my part to sing in the shower. First of all, I take very short showers in the morning. I rarely spend more than 8 minutes getting washed and that is not conducive to more than two songs sung.

I also learned that I forget to sing as I spend my time bathing occupying my mind with small tasks such as choosing my daily outfit, planning what fruit to add to my protein shake, determining if I am packing lunch, planning on clothing for the gym, etc. It just became too hard each morning to remember to sing.
I finally ended up purchasing a small pink speaker system for my ipod. Each morning, I can go to the bathroom and turn it on and let my songs shuffle away as I lather, rinse, and repeat (as desired).
I was only successful a few times and though I would have liked to sing more and been more prepared I learned that the small victories can be as encouraging as the great ones.
This month, I am going to focus on a happiness skill that takes less specific boundaries. I am going to work on prayer this month. I have my siddur available to me and I also have my bentcher available.   I want to add more blessings before and after eating as well as daily teffilah at least once per day. I am hoping to start with maariv each day.
My hopes are that daily communication with G-d will make me more prepared for the day and keep me in a better frame of mind as I bustle to and fro. Updates, soon. 

No comments:

Post a Comment