August 16, 2010

The Reason For Beginning

The Jewish calendar is currently in the month of Elul. The month of Elul is used for introspection and preparation for the High Holy Days of Rosh Hashana and Yom Kippur. The time is supposed to be spent getting closer to G-d and evaluating one's life. It is a time for evaluating one's actions and determining what needs to be changed so one can merit the blessings that are determined at the new year on Rosh Hashana. (For more information on Elul or the High Holy Days please go to Aish.com or Chabad.org)

Coincidentally, I love the process of planning. Nothing makes me feel more useful than pulling out a pen and a moleskin notebook and jotting my ideas down. I have always been an "idea" person. The time has come to turn those ideas into actions and become a "doer".

This year, I am going to work on counting my blessings and creating opportunities for blessings to be appreciated.  I am currently sitting with my moleskin notebook and I am creating a long list of things to work on over the coming year. I will post my 12 ideas (one for each month) as soon as I get my list finalized.

No comments:

Post a Comment